Home Health Care in Idaho
Contact Us Anytime, 7 days a Week
Salmon, ID 83467
Regular Office Hours:
Sat & Sun: Closed
Outside office hours, you may reach out through call anytime 24/7
What is Home Health Care?
Home Health Care allows individuals to remain comfortable and independent even when they are sick. This service, often covered under Medicare, provides medical care in the patients’ own homes or places of residence.
Home health care can be used for a variety of purposes, such as:
- Nursing home health care treatment for an acute illness. This includes IV therapy, blood sugar level and blood pressure monitoring, physical therapy, strengthening and rehabilitation with the aid from a nurse aide or personal assistant, etc.
- Occupational & Physical Therapy transitioning after surgery
Home Care vs. Home Health Care
Although the terms “home care” and “home health care” sound very similar, they are not interchangeable. Home care includes non-clinical support, such as preparing meals and companionship, whereas home health care, sometimes known as “home health,” delivers expert medical assistance.
Home Health Care Services include the following:
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Administration of prescription
- medications or shots
- Medical tests
- Monitoring of health status
- Wound care
Home care services include assisting with many daily needs:
- Companionship — reading aloud, chatting, and in-home activities
- Transportation to appointments
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) like dressing, bathing, and grooming
- Meal preparation or delivery
- Medication management and reminders, but not directly administering medications
- Cleaning and organizing
- Help writing checks or managing finances
Paying for Home Care vs. Home Health Care
Medical services are typically included in-home health care, whereas home care is more focused on providing daily personal help. As a rule, insurance will pay for the following types of services:
Long-Term Care Insurance
Why Choose Salmon Valley Hospice & Home Care for your care needs?
Salmon Valley Hospice & Home Health of Idaho offers medical treatment in the comfort and privacy of your home. Many people prefer to receive care at their own house rather than a hospital or nursing home, which makes this service great for anyone who would like to avoid these facilities while recuperating from an illness or injury.
At Salmon Valley Hospice and Home Health of Idaho, our goal is to reduce the stress that both patients and family members experience when making health care decisions for their loved ones. By working together as a team with patients, families, and caregivers we can all help lower personal anxiety associated with illness.
Our experienced team of professionals work with your physician to meet all health care needs. We provide a full range of services in order to treat the “whole” patient not just symptoms.
Click here to compare the services available between hospice and home health.
Salmon, ID 83467
Call Us Today
(208) 993 8050